When you choose a business career, you are choosing to analyze your current situation, set your goals, and gain the resources that you need to reach them. At Lubin, we have majors that match careers. Not only do we have excellent programs in traditional business, we have specialties in management other schools don't have, including:
Build On Your Strengths
All business careers involve these core aptitudes and interests, yet one or more may be your strongest and will suggest your best major:
Making Business Sense with Numbers
- BBA in Public Accounting: Understanding financial data prepares you for a career start as a CPA or auditor, and may eventually lead to owner, partner, CFO, or CEO roles.
- BBA/MBA in Public Accounting: The most complete preparation for the CPA exam; in recent years, 95% of BBA/MBA combined degree graduates have had job offers by graduation.
- BBA in Public Accounting/MS in Financial Management: Combine these two degrees to prepare for both the CPA and the Chartered Financial Analyst exams.
- BBA in Public Accounting/MS in Taxation: Combine these two degrees to prepare for the CPA exam and obtain an in-depth understanding of tax law.
- BBA in Accounting: Learn to use financial data for complex business decisions. Start as an auditor or accountant and you may eventually land in the C-Suite—that's how important financial data skills are to business.
- BBA in Business Analytics: Usually only offered as a graduate program, Lubin lets you specialize early in this technical field that has very good growth potential as business and finance become more and more complex.
People and Groups—Motivating, Understanding, Persuading
- BBA in International Management: An interdisciplinary major that you build with the help of your adviser, this degree includes a focus on a functional business area (accounting, finance, HR, etc.), as well as a specialization in one or more global regions, to build a skill set useful from day one through advancement to international leadership roles.
- BBA in Management concentrations:
- Human Resources Management: Learn to analyze systems, groups, and individuals to enhance performance, provide bottom-line value, and advance to leadership roles.
- Hospitality and Tourism Management: Learn the management, financial, and global perspectives you need to rise to the top in this growing industry.
- BBA in Marketing concentrations:
- Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications: Learn the marketing principles, strategic practices, and global perspectives needed to persuade consumers and succeed in this fast-paced industry.
- Digital Marketing: Build your skills in both online marketing strategy and information technology.
- Global Marketing Management: International study modules add depth and versatility to your understanding of brand management, consumer behavior, and marketing principles, all to prepare you to take your career anywhere in the world—even to the center for international media, New York City, our home base.
- Sports Marketing: Combine your passion for sports with professional training unmatched by any other area sports marketing program in the immediate New York Metropolitan area.
Systems—Analyzing Processes and Solving Problems
- BBA in Information Systems: Blend business management, programming, and systems skills for the perfect platform for a career making the best use of current and emerging technologies.
- BBA in Management - Business Management: Gain the adaptable skills in data analysis, organizational development, project management, and risk assessment to solve problems and prosper in any industry.
Decisions—Timing, Preparation, Action, and Reflection
- BBA in Finance: From financial analysis to international monetary shifts, you'll be prepared for a rising career in finance, banking, or insurance.
- BBA in Management - Entrepreneurship: Mix core business management with attention to innovation, and you have the skills to successfully launch new products, services, or businesses, anywhere.
Combine Your Strengths With Ours
- Lubin puts you at the center of the world's business networks: Study in greater New York City, with the best and most experienced business minds from around the globe. Connect upward through Lubin's network of alumni and corporate partners that reaches into all major financial institutions, media giants, and growing businesses in every industry.
- One university - two campus experiences: Lower Manhattan, a vibrant urban campus, blocks from the New York Stock Exchange and the Federal Reserve Bank, and Pleasantville, a traditional residential campus in suburban Westchester County, just outside New York City, with the full college experience. > Our campuses
- Student organizations to sharpen your leadership skills and expand your professional network: From the Accounting Society to Omicron Delta Epsilon, the honor society for economics students, there's an organization at Pace where you can practice your skills and build friendships with like-minded students. > Lubin student organizations
- Work with dedicated teachers and mentors who know business, inside and out: Accomplished business people and scholars, Lubin professors are often quoted in publications such as Fortune, Business Week, and The Wall Street Journal. > Meet the Lubin faculty
- Elite accreditation: Lubin's dual accreditation in business and accounting by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International is an elite distinction shared by fewer than 2% of schools in the world offering business degree programs.
- Globally connected colleagues:
Powerful Results For Your Career
What you learn at Lubin, the contacts you generate, and the New York City experiences you integrate will position you to take your career to the highest possible echelon. Notable undergraduate alumni include:
- Philip Bleser, CEO, Global Corporate Bank North America, JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Dan Davids, former president, The History Channel
- Mel Karmazin, CEO, Sirius XMRadio Inc.
- William Nelson, chairman and CEO, HBO
- Jack Ribeiro, global managing partner, Deloitte
- Paula Summa, general manager, ibm.com
- Marie Toulantis, former CEO, Barnes&Noble.com
Lubin Offers Choices
Already in the working world and ready to finish your degree?
- Choose a BBA in General Business: Designed for working adults, this major gives you opportunities and skills that experience alone will not.
Majoring in something other than business?
Interested in many facets of business? Add a minor in another business discipline:
- Internal Auditing
- Business Analytics
- See all business minors
Have goals beyond your business career? Add a minor from another school at Pace
- Information Systems
- Political Science
- And many others